The Live Your Dream Award positively impacts the lives of women for many years after receiving this award. Soroptimist International of the Americas (SIA) surveys recipients three years after they receive the award and found that:
- 96% of survey respondents reported an increased sense of self-esteem and self-confidence
- 64% of survey respondents reported earning an educational degree/certification
- 36% of survey respondents reported still working towards an educational degree/certification
- 69% of survey respondents reported securing higher-paying employment
- 72% of survey respondents reported an improved standard of living for themselves and their dependents.
- 93% of survey respondents reported serving as a role model for their dependents.
This year, Soroptimist International of the Twin Cities will be awarding one recipient $1,500 to support their education goals. The local level winner then goes on to regional and international competitions where the Live Your Dream Award (LYD) is Soroptimist’s major service project. Please help us spread the word.
To be eligible, winners must be women who provide primary support for their families and who are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or undergraduate degree program. To verify eligibility, please review the requirements at: http://www.soroptimist.org/awards/eligibility.html
Questions? Please send an email to our awards chair, Raven at firstname.lastname@example.org